|DFA Speed Scratch Potato Base||32||4 cups|
|Garlic powder||garlic powder||2 tsp|
|Thyme – fresh, minced||fresh thyme, minced||2 tsp|
|Russet potatoes – peeled, sliced (1/4-inch thick)||64||8 cups|
|Gruyere cheese – grated, divided||8||1 cup|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 2″ hotel pan with non-stick spray.
- Place DFA Speed Scratch Potato Base, garlic powder, thyme and potatoes in a large pot and mix well. Cover and bring pot to a simmer, stirring often. Cook until potatoes are tender, but slightly firm, about 5-7 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer half of the potatoes from the pot to the prepared pan, making a single layer. Layer a half cup of the Gruyere cheese on top. Arrange the remaining potatoes over the cheese in an even layer. Pour the remaining liquid from the pot into the pan, just until it reaches the top of potatoes. Discard remaining liquid and top potatoes with remaining 1/2 cup of Gruyere cheese.
- Place pan into pre-heated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a knife pierces through the potatoes and cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10-15 minutes before serving.