Overstuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes
|Russet potatoes – 5, 1-pound potatoes||5 lbs|
|Cooking oil||2||4 Tbsp|
|DFA Speed Scratch Potato Base||12||1 1/2 cups|
|Bacon – diced, rendered crispy||4||1/2 cup|
|Onions – green, thinly sliced||.4||2 Tbsp|
|Sharp cheddar cheese – shredded||8||2 cups|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Rub potatoes with cooking oil, place on sheet tray and bake until fork-tender, about 1 hour. Allow to rest until cool enough to handle.
- Peel one potato completely and place pulp into a large bowl. Cut the top quarter of remaining potatoes and scoop the pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch layer of pulp on the skin. Combine pulp in the large bowl with pulp from first potato. Return the empty potato shells to the sheet tray.
- Mash the potato pulp as desired (mixer, ricer, masher, etc.) add DFA Speed Scratch Potato Base, bacon, green onions and half the cheddar cheese. Mix until the mash is smooth.
- Spoon the mashed potato mixture back into the potato shells and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Return potatoes to oven and bake until cheese is melted and potatoes are fully reheated, about 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately or hold for service.